Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I was Accepted...Simmons College, Here I come!

Today is an awesome today! I am too excited!! I have been accepted to attend Simmons School of Social Work to acquire a master's degree in Social Work. My journey into Personal Coaching,Empowering Communities, and my dedication to helping youth and families in crisis in Urban communities has led me to continue my education. My search for a dynamic clinical program uncovered Simmons College. I was so impressed and overwhelmed by their rigourous program. The decision to go back to school was a strategic and emotional one. I know that my professional goals required positioning myself within strong networks, obtaining the credentials, and becoming an expert in my field. So, Simmons here I come, I am ready, able, and determined to be the best that I can be. Stay tuned for more updates on my journey into Graduate School and how this decision will excel and impact my business mission and agenda. I am so EXCITED!!!



More About Simmons:
http://www.simmons.edu/ssw/academics/msw/index.shtml
In 1904, Simmons was the nation’s first institute of higher learning to offer training for clinical social workers. Simmons also was at the forefront of educating students for medical social work and managed care practice. Today, the School of Social Work (SSW) provides a rigorous clinical social work education for men and women, including a nationally accredited master of social work (M.S.W.) program and a Ph.D. in Social Work designed for advanced clinical scholars. Our progressive, hands-on curriculum integrates education and practice with social justice values, multicultural perspectives, and a strong emphasis on field education. Recent SSW initiatives include our Urban Leadership Program, Spanish language courses for social workers, international study, and schedules that accommodate working professionals.


As clinician activists, SSW students, faculty and alumni all work to develop solutions to social injustice through their teaching, research, clinical practice, and community work.

Get the quick facts about SSW. Read about our distinguished faculty. Attend an SSW admission event and experience Simmons for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment